axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "St-Germain, Sylvain" <Sylvain.StGerm...@cognos.com>
Subject RE: [server-config.wsdd] <parameter name="sendMultiRefs" value="f alse "/>
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:00:39 GMT

Understand.  However, the fact that currently I am not being able to play
with the Call object is my major issue.  I ultimately need the ability to
play with it outside the Stub.  I agree that the header stuff probably
belong more to the service than the call though.

I guess I am simply looking for an alternative until we have a real support
for header.

This being said +1 for a public setOption() that allows to setup the Call
from outside of the Stub.

Sylvain.

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Butek [mailto:butek@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 3:11 PM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: [server-config.wsdd] <parameter name="sendMultiRefs"
value="f alse "/>

Making the getCall method public doesn't do any good.  Well, it might do
SOME good.  getCall gives you a Call object, but that Call object would
never be used in a stub invocation.  The only good it does is if you call
methods (like setOption!) that affect low-level objects that hang around
longer than the Call object.

The proper thing MIGHT be to have some of these methods on the service
rather than the stub, but we'll have to think about it a bit.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

"St-Germain, Sylvain" <Sylvain.StGermain@cognos.com> on 03/14/2002 01:33:23
PM