axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Vemuri, Vijay " <Vijay.Vem...@gs.com>
Subject SAXException : SimpleDeser cannot handle structured data
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:54:49 GMT
Hi,
	I am getting the following exception when I run an Axis client to
execute a function in a Web service on a remote server (services written
using ASPs and DLLs). The request reaches the server, the server interprets
the call and even generates the resultant SOAP document. I see the results
in a log file on the server.
	But for some reason, the result does not come back to the client (as
a Java String). I get the following exception :-

--------------------------------------
- Exception:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: SimpleDeser cannot handle structured data!
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.SimpleDeserializer.onStartChild(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.startElement(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.axis.message.SAX2EventRecorder.replay(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.publishToHandler(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.deserialize(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.getParams(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
org.tempuri.XogInvCableSoapBindingStub.getItemByItemId(XogInvCableSoapBindin
gStub.java:147)
        at test.main(test.java:17)
Exception in thread "main" org.xml.sax.SAXException: SimpleDeser cannot
handle structured data!
[...]

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vijay.