axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "KUMAR,PANKAJ (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <pankaj_ku...@hp.com>
Subject RE: SSL
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 05:06:25 GMT
 Yes. This is very much possible and I have done it.

I am in the process of creating a document for the steps and sample scripts.
Essentially, this is what you need to do:

1. Install JSSE from Sun if you are using JDK 1.2x or 1.3.x. Not required
for JDK1.4.0
2. Generate keystore and certificates using keytool ( available in JDK )
3. Modify server.xml of TOmCat so that it accepts https connections
4. Run the client program with proper Java options.

/Pankaj.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Brown
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Sent: 2/28/02 6:56 PM
Subject: SSL

Hi,

I would like to write an Axis SOAP client that connects to a service
using HTTPS, maintains a persistent SSL connection and can tell if the
connection is broken.  I would like the client and service to be able to
identify a broken connection.  Is this possible using Axis?  I'm
currently using Java/Tomcat/Axis.

Thanks,
Mike