axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Newman, Scott" <snew...@ufsonline.com>
Subject RE: Getting started
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:14:34 GMT
Just got over this myself.

Try putting axis.jar and logxx.jar into tomcat's commom/lib folder.

Also, use tcpmon to forward your soap calls to port 8080 (if that is your
tomcat port) and see what your request/response looks like.  In my case, the
reason I was getting the bad envelope namespace error was because tomcat was
throwing an error, and axis was trying to parse it as xml.

Newman

-----Original Message-----
From: Eddie Post [mailto:post2menow@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 5:25 AM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Getting started

Hellu,

I can get the Axis example to work. Everytime I try the wsdd Calculator
example With Axis alpha 3 and try to deploy it, I do get the following
error:
---------------
C:\Ed_soft\Develop\Manual\xml-axis-alpha3\samples\ed>java -cp .;./a
xis.jar;./log4j-core.jar;./jaxp.jar;./crimson.jar org.apache.axis.c
lient.AdminClient  deploy.wsdd
Processing file deploy.wsdd
AxisFault
  faultCode: http://xml.apache.org/axis/:Server.userException
  faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope namespace:
  faultActor: null
  faultDetail:
        exceptionName: org.xml.sax.SAXException
        stackTrace: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope namespac
e:
        at org.apache.axis.message.EnvelopeBuilder.startElement(Env
elopeBuilder.java:108)

Please some help,
Eddie