axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rosenfeld, Gary" <Gary.Rosenf...@ca.com>
Subject Delpyed service class is not found.
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2002 19:00:45 GMT
Please help.
I've deployed my webserver as .jws file, and everything worked fine, so I know
my Tomcat server and the rest of the config works.
Then I wanted to test wsdd deployment.

I've deployed my service as follows, here are the corresponding lined from the AdminClient
list
 </service>
 <service name="GaryService" provider="java:RPC">
  <parameter name="methodName" value="*"/>
  <parameter name="className" value="samples.userguide.example3.HelloServer"/>
 </service>

I've compiled my server class
package samples.userguide.example3;
public class HelloServer
{
    public String sayHelloTo(String name)  throws Exception
    {
      return " Hello " + name + ", How are you doing ?";
    }
}
and moved it into Tomcat dir
C:\Mozu\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\classes\samples\userguide\example3

Run Client code
 import org.apache.axis.client.Call;
 import org.apache.axis.client.Service;
   public class Client2
   {
          try {
              String endpoint = "http://localhost:8080/axis/servlet/AxisServlet";
             Service  service = new Service();
             Call     call    = (Call) service.createCall();
             call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endpoint) );
            call.setOperationName( "sayHelloTo" );
            call.setProperty( Call.NAMESPACE, "GaryService" );
             String ret = (String) call.invoke( new Object[] {args[0]} );
             System.out.println(ret);
         } catch (Exception e) {
             System.err.println(e.toString());

         }
     }
  }
and get the following error:
 java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: samples.userguide.example3.HelloServer

What is wrong ? The server class HelloServer  seems to be in the right place samples.userguide.example3
.
Tomcat doesn't log any errors.