axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Lene Bredgaard" <lbredga...@skyva.com>
Subject Collection serializer ??
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:13:43 GMT
Hi

I have a method returning a Collection.
My problem is how to specify the serialization.

In axis alpha, I found a way: I registered a Collection serializer,
which made a vector( new Vector(Collection collection)), and then
serialized the vector.
On the client side I could then cast the returnvalue to a Collection.

I have problems moving this solution to Axis beta.
Even though I can register my collection serializer via a typeMapping in
wsdd, it never really seems to come in use.

Anyone any idea what is wrong, or suggestions on other ways to solve a
collection serialization problem??

from wsdd:
<service name="urn:CollectionTestService" provider="Handler">
  <typeMapping qname="ns:Collection"
xmlns:ns="http://skyva.com/xml-soap"
             languageSpecificType="java:java.util.Collection"
             serializer="com.skyva.pi.soap.axis.CollectionSerializer"/>
  <parameter name="methodName" value="getArray getVector getList
getVectorCollection getListCollection getHashSet"/>
  <parameter name="className"
value="com.skyva.pi.soap.axis.test.CollectionTestService"/>
  <parameter name="handlerClass"
value="com.skyva.pi.soap.axis.SkyvaRPCProvider"/>
 </service>

Thanks
Lene