axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Brown" <brownst...@satx.rr.com>
Subject Re: passing arbitrary properties to a service?
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:05:05 GMT
Corbett,

For 2)

Not sure what you're using for a server, but if you're using Tomcat you can
implement the LifecycleListener interface by doing something like this:

package mycompany.mypackage;

import org.apache.catalina.LifecycleListener;
import org.apache.catalina.LifecycleEvent;

public class MyService implements LifecycleListener
{
    // other methods here as needed

    // respond to lifecycle events
    public void lifecycleEvent(LifecycleEvent event)
    {
        if (event.getType().equals("start"))
       {
            //do initialization stuff here
       }
    }
}

You'll need to add the listener in your server.xml file so that tomcat knows
to call it:

<Context path="/axis" docBase="axis" debug="0" reloadable="true">
         <Listener className="mycompany.mypackage.MyService"/>
</Context>

This has worked good for me, but there may be other ways to accomplish what
you want to do.

Mike