axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Till Woerner" <t...@twoerner.de>
Subject How to return error from handler
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 23:16:27 GMT
Hi,

I have a little problem with my own written handler which intercepts the
incoming request on an Axis web service.I could not find any hints in
the docs.
What if I want to check some conditions before the actual service gets
called and if some conditions are not met, I want to send back an error.
I would like to avoid throwing an AxisFault. I tested it with throwing
an AxisFault, but I would have to try-catch it on the client side, so
that the client does not stop abruptly.
I would rather like to send a message with an soap fault. Is that
possible?

Thank you,
Till

--