axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Ruegger" <crueg...@speakeasy.net>
Subject setting up output parms?
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2002 15:42:34 GMT

I'm trying to set up an output *parameter* (not return value) to my Web Service but I'm
running into some trouble. Let's say logically my web service is:

String foo (String inputParm, String outputParm);

I want the client to be able to access both the return value and the output Parameter.

Here's how I set up the call in the client:

    Service  service = new Service();
    Call call = (Call)service.createCall();
    call.setTargetEndpointAddress( url );
    call.setOperationName("foo");
    call.setProperty( Call.NAMESPACE, serviceName);
    call.addParameter( "inputParm",  XMLType.XSD_STRING, Call.PARAM_MODE_IN );
    call.addParameter( "outputParm", XMLType.XSD_STRING, Call.PARAM_MODE_INOUT );
    call.setReturnType(XMLType.XSD_STRING);

When I invoke the service and go to get the output parm with:

    Object ret = call.invoke(new Object[]{inputParm, outputParm});
    Vector outParms = call.getOutputParams();

I get null for outParms.

Question: Is there something I need to do on the Server side to
designate an output parameter?

Thanks.