axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Li Bing <bing...@asu.edu>
Subject WSDL4J Versions and Its Environment on Linux
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 07:58:07 GMT
Dear Mr. Butek,

I am trying to use wsdl4j.jar. I specify $WSTK_HOME/lib/wsdl4j.jar in the
$CLASSPATH. The version of my WSTK Toolkit is 3.0. I am reading a book,
Professional Java Web Services. In the book, there are some samples shown
how to use APIs in wsdl4j.jar. But when I compiling the first one, I got an
error that DefinitionFactory can not be resolved. I check .jars in the
$WSTK_HOME and can't find the class, DefinitionFactory. The book is about
IBM Web Services Toolkit2.4. So I wonder in the latest version, the class,
DefinitionFactory is not available?

import com.ibm.wsdl.xml.*;
import javax.wsdl.*;
import javax.wsdl.factory.*;

public class WSDL4JCreateSample
{
    public static void main(String[] args)
    {
        try
        {
            Definition def =
DefinitionFactory.newInstance().newDefinition();
        }
        catch (WSDLException ex)
        {
            System.out.println("Exception - fault code : " +
ex.getFaultCode());
        }
    }
}

When I compile the following code, WSDLReader and InputSource can not be
resolved. I found that WSDLReader was in javax.wsdl.xml.*. So I added a new
import, "import javax.wsdl.xml.*;", into the code. Although WSDLReader can
be resolved, InputSource is still not resolved. So I wonder the wsdl4j.jar
in the book is different from the one on my linux box. Do you think so?

import com.ibm.wsdl.xml.*;
import javax.wsdl.*;
import javax.wsdl.factory.*;

public class WSDL4JReadSample
{
    public static void main(String[] args)
    {
        try
        {
            Definition def = WSDLReader.readWSDL(null, new
InputSource("http://localhost:8080/wrox/wsdl/AddressBook-service.wsdl"));
        }
        catch (WSDLException ex)
        {
            System.out.println("Exception - fault code : " +
ex.getFaultCode());
        }
    }
}

By the way, could you please provide me with some samples on how to use APIs
in wsdl4j.jar?

Thanks so much,
Li Bing