axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Benoit Galy" <benoit.g...@rd.francetelecom.com>
Subject HTTPS and Proxy setting
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 09:50:18 GMT
Hy,

I am making Axis work on HTTP through a proxy by adding:

    System.setProperty("http.proxyHost", "myProxy");  // set name of proxy
server
    System.setProperty("http.proxyPort", "8080");   // set port number for
proxy server

I am making Axis work on HTTPS on my local network :
(cf http://xml.apache.org/soap/docs/install/FAQ_Tomcat_SOAP_SSL.html)

1rst question: for making this work I am obliged to have an
ClientAuthentification set to false on the server. But even so the server
requires the correct client Key to answer. Isn't this an authentification?
(It works if and only if I give the correct key)

2nd big problem: when trying to access the same service through a proxy,

I am adding:
    System.setProperty("https.proxyHost", "myProxy");  // set name of proxy
server that supports
    System.setProperty("https.proxyPort", "8080");   // set port number for
proxy server that supports ssl

and I have an
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL handshake. (and yes my URL is
in httpS (it works without the proxy...))

if I add
    System.setProperty("http.proxyHost", "myProxy");
    System.setProperty("http.proxyPort", "8080");
I time out...

So my question is: is the Proxy setting with HTTPS implemented on AXIS? If
not is it on Apache SOAP 2.2... ? On any other SOAP implementation...?

TY for your help.

Benoit