axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "R J Scheuerle Jr" <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: default java beans serializer/deserializer
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2002 16:42:59 GMT
Yes the serializer/deserializer handle complexTypes.

I would suggest that you run your wsdl through WSDL2Java to build your
stubs.

Thanks

Rich Scheuerle
XML & Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

                      Nuno Guerreiro

                      <nvguerreiro@yaho        To:       axis-user@xml.apache.org

                      o.com>                   cc:

                                               Subject:  default java beans serializer/deserializer

                      02/14/2002 04:59

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      axis-user

Does the java beans serializer/deserializer handle
complex types? Imagine I have an XML with the
following structure:

<account>
  <number>49584</number>
  <type>DDA</type>
  <money>
    <amount>494.34</amount>
    <currency>EUR</currency>
  </money>
</account>

If I use this structure as input to a
'setAccountBalance' method in a SOAP body does the
java beans serializer/deserializer know how to handle
it and transform it into a Java object and pass it as
an argument to a class's method?

I have several schemas with nested elements (complex
types) which I intend to use either in the SOAP header
or SOAP body.

Is this possible without having to write my own
serializer/deserializer for each schema?

Many thanks for any help,

Nuno Guerreiro