axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Pannier" <spann...@jacada.com>
Subject Re: Java2WSDL In/Out/InOut method parameter question
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:36:11 GMT

Rich,

Thanks for the reply.  (Sorry for my slow response - I've been multitasking
and have finally gotten around to addressing this again.)

I have tried specifying an "InfoHolder" class, and I've also changed my
interfaces to classes.  I do get the parameter names to appear in the
generated WSDL, but my question now is:  Is there a way to tell if a
parameter is In vs. In/Out by looking at the generated WSDL?  Is it simply
the "Holder" suffix in the parameter name that designates the parameter
as In/Out?

Java classes and generated WSDL are attached.

(See attached file: banking.java)(See attached file: InfoHolder.java)(See
attached file: banking.wsdl)

Thanks.

Steve Pannier
Jacada, Inc.
(763) 268-6382
spannier@jacada.com
http://www.jacada.com

> Steve,
>
> You will need to specify an InfoHolder class for Info as defined by JSR
> 101.
> Java2WSDL will interpret a "Holder" parameter as InOut when generating
the
> WSDL.
>
> If you change your interface to a class and compile with -g, you should
get
> parameter names.
>
> Rich Scheuerle
> XML & Web Services Development