axis-java-user mailing list archives

From mickknut...@discoverfinancial.com
Subject Re: Axis on WebLogic server
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 19:59:12 GMT

When I browse to this url: http://wlp04244/ice/axis/Calculator.jws, i get
this in IE:
/ice/axis/Calculator.jws
C:\WebSphere\AppServer\ICE\webapps\WEB-INF

Hi there, this is an AXIS service!

Perhaps there will be a form for invoking the service here...

So the mapping is correct, to point to the AxisServlet. But I can't deploy
anything.

---
Thanks

Mick Knutson
Discover Financial Services
Office: 801-902-4244
Fax: 801-902-4123

                    Mukund

                    Balasubramania        To:     axis-user@xml.apache.org

                    n                     cc:

                    <mukund@cs.sta        Subject:     Re: Axis on WebLogic server

                    nford.edu>

                    02/04/2002

                    12:42 PM

                    Please respond

                    to axis-user

Hmmmm.... I thought, if your mountpoint is "/ice/axis", then the service
URI mapping must be either one of "/ice/axis/services/Calculator" (WSDD
case), or "/ice/axis/Calculator.jws" (JWS case). The idea here is that
/services/ and *.jws are URI mapped to the Axis servlet,
/ice/axis/Calculator is NOT! And thats why you're getting a 404.

Mukund Balasubramanian
PS: telnet http://anyhost will fail ;-) telnet "ipaddress" will work
though!!!

<axis-user@xml.apache.org>
>                    tsurf.com>            cc:

>                                          Subject:     RE: Axis on
WebLogic server
>                    02/04/2002

>                    11:19 AM

>                    Please respond

>                    to axis-user

>Make sure you can telnet to the host you are trying to connect to.  The
>default for axis samples is localhost 8080.  If you cannot telnet to that,
>then that is why you are getting a refusal from the socket.  If you have
>changed the default to something else, then make sure you can telnet to
>that
>hostname and port.  (Type in >>> telnet [hostname] [port] and make sure
you
>do not get a connection failed response.)  If that still fails, try
pinging
>the host to get its ip-address and then try connecting directly to the
>ip-address.  You just replace hostname with the ip-address of the host and
>leave the port the same.  You still need an http:// in the front of the
>ip-address.
>- Adam

org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:178)
>           at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1254)
>           at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:658)
>           at
>org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.process(AdminClient.java:323)
>           at
>org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.process(AdminClient.java:303)
>           at
>org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.process(AdminClient.java:310)
>           at
>org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.process(AdminClient.java:261)
>           at
org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.main(AdminClient.java:344)