axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Glyn Normington" <glyn_norming...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject JAX-RPC DII query
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:23:40 GMT
I'm trying to code a call to the echoLinkedList method of a SOAP
interoperation round 3, group E test. The WSDL may vary slightly from
implementer to implementer and I want to be able to run a single test
client against WSDL URL passed in via the command line, so I'm using DII to
issue a method against it from a test client program. This kind of thing is
easy for echoString etc. examples as the input and output types can safely
be assumed, but for a list it's trickier.

First query: how can I get the names of the parameter from the Call object
(constructed from the Service by specifying a port and operation)?

Assuming I can get the name of the parameter, I can then get the QName of
the (list) type by using Call.getParameterTypeByName.

Second query: what's the best approach for constructing instances of that
type? What gets me from the QName to something which tells me the kind of
Java class to build (I guess I'm going to have to create a class
dynamically)?

Glyn