axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sivakumar Bhagavatula" <SBhagavat...@cmsenergy.com>
Subject Problems when passing userdefined Objects between Client and the Server
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 21:06:53 GMT
Hi,

       I am facing some problem when the WebService method returns a
userDefined Object.

       The wsdl xml file is getting created properely.

       I am using WSDL2JAVA to create the service,porttype and the
bindingstub classes.The package name of the userdefined Object which i am
returning is not formed properely in the classes created by Wsdl2Java.I
manually edited them.

       All the classes are getting compiled properely and when executing i
am getting the following exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.BeanSerializer$PropertyTarget.set(BeanSerial
izer.java:304)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.Deserializer.valueComplete(Deserializer.java
:239)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.Deserializer.endElement(Deserializer.java:44
7)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(Deserializ
ationContext.java:671)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.SAX2EventRecorder.replay(SAX2EventRecorder.ja
va:203)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.publishToHandler(MessageElemen
t.java:411)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.Deserializer.startElement(Deserializer.java:
361)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(Deserial
izationContext.java:643)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.SAX2EventRecorder.replay(SAX2EventRecorder.ja
va:197)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.publishToHandler(MessageElemen
t.java:411)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.deserialize(RPCElement.java:115)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.getParams(RPCElement.java:139)
        at
sbhagavatula.MyServiceSoapBindingStub.getContract(sbhagavatula/MyServ
iceSoapBindingStub.java:147)
        at Tester.main(sbhagavatula/Tester.java:25)

Here is the deploy.wsdd file used for deploying the Service

 <service name="MyService" provider="java:RPC">
  <parameter name="className" value
="samples.userguide.example3.MyService"/>
  <parameter name="methodName" value="*"/>

 <beanMapping qname="myNS:Contract" xmlns:myNS="urn:MyService"
               languageSpecificType
="java:samples.userguide.example3.Contract"/>
 </service>

</deployment>

Can some one tell me what the problem is.

Regards
SivaKumar