axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "R J Scheuerle Jr" <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Custom deserializer
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:04:13 GMT
The Axis encoding framework has changed.
You should update your version of Axis, and make necesary changes to your
deserializer.

Rich Scheuerle
XML & Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

                      "Koen Weyn"

                      <koenw@staf.pi.be        To:       <axis-user@xml.apache.org>

                      >                        cc:

                                               Subject:  Custom deserializer

                      02/12/2002 05:44

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      axis-user

Hello all,

I have written a custom deserializer, but I can't seem to let it get used
The deserializer extends org.apache.axis.encoding.Deserializer and I
install
it as follows:

MessageContext msgContext = new MessageContext(new AxisServer());
TypeMappingRegistry reg = msgContext.getTypeMappingRegistry();
QName qName = new QName        ("http://www.hostname.com/
","QueryServicesResult");
reg.addDeserializerFactory(qName, QueryServicesResult.class,
ProviderDeserializerFactory.getInstance());
DeserializationContext dser = new DeserializationContext(
             new InputSource(new FileReader("services_out2.xml")),
             msgContext, Message.RESPONSE);
dser.parse();

Below are the (snipped) contents of services_out2.xml. This is a response I
capped from a .NET engine I am trying to communicate with.
Does anybody have a clue why my ProviderDeserializerFactory.getDeserializer
isn't called ?

I have tried omitting the namespace, but that didn't work either.

For this sample, I could do without custom deserialization, but for other
calls I can't.

Setting the response type is an option, I only want to use when everything
else fails.

Thanks in advance,

Koen

services_out2.xml:

  <soap:Body>
    <QueryServicesResponse xmlns="http://www.hostname.com/">
      <QueryServicesResult>0</QueryServicesResult>
    </QueryServicesResponse>
  </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

+ Koen Weyn