axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Adam Freeman" <afree...@lightsurf.com>
Subject problems with WSDL2Java
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 18:02:26 GMT
First of all, I am using a service that returns a java.util.Map type and
this appears to be the problem with attempting to generate java stub classes
from the wsdl definition of the service.

I am having trouble with the WSDL2Java conversion code from two night's ago
axis nightly build 02/05/2002.  I am using axis.jar, wsdl4j.jar,
log4j-core.jar and clutil.jar from this build.  I have attached a sample
service wsdl file (AuthenticationService.xml) and the server-config.wsdd
file I am using inside of tomcat.  This is the command that elicits
failure -->

D:\>java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java
http://localhost/services/AuthenticationSer
vice?wsdl
java.io.IOException: Type http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap:Map is referenced
but n
ot defined.
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.SymbolTable.checkForUndefined(Unknown
Sou
rce)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.SymbolTable.add(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.Emitter.emit(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.Emitter.emit(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java.emit(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(Unknown Source)

I tried putting in some custom qname mappings for map but was unable to get
that to work either.  It looks like map is always getting "mapped" to this
http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap:Map type in the wsdl file which appears to
not exist.
Thank you,
- @m