axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "St-Germain, Sylvain" <Sylvain.StGerm...@cognos.com>
Subject bug in wsdl2java
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 15:20:22 GMT

Hi all,

I can reproduce this strange situation, I think it is a bug.

Problem: Generated stub for method addFolder keeps defining the method
signature with return type void when returned part name and type are the
same as one of the input param. As shown below.

<message name="addFolderInput">
	<part name="path" type="xsd:string"/>
	<part name="newObject" type="types:Folder"/>
</message>

<message name="addFolderOutput">
	<part name="path" type="xsd:string"/>
</message>

<portType name="CMServicePortType">
	<operation name="addFolder">
		<input message="cm1:addFolderInput"/>
		<output message="cm1:addFolderOutput"/>
	</operation>
</portType>

If I change addFolderOutput to return something else than "xsd:string" or
"path" it is fine.  If I leave it as is, I get a void return type.

public void addFolder(...)

As I said, when I change the name "return" (or change the type) I get:

public java.lang.String addFolder(..)

Regards,
--
Sylvain St-Germain                   (613) 738.1338 x5250
Macadamian Technologies  @ Cognos    sylvain.stgermain@cognos.com

"Software experts to the world's leading technology companies"