axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Zhang, Li" <Li.Zh...@eal.ab.ca>
Subject RE: High Volume
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 00:23:40 GMT
I know there's no restriction on the size of the message in the SOAP spec,
but if SOAP cannot handle "continuous stream" I won't use it to send a large
data set. As you said most of current implementations are DOM-based, which
just eat all your server memories.

Li

-----Original Message-----
From: Mukund Balasubramanian [mailto:mukund@cs.stanford.edu]
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 5:22 PM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: High Volume

I dont think I agree.

I feel there is nothing inherently in the SOAP spec that defies usage in
high volume conditions, more towards the matter that most current
implementations are DOM based and so... I think it would be a nice
excercise to design these high volume as well as "continous stream" use
cases into Axis. Any takers? I could help.

Mukund Balasubramanian