axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Taras Shkvarchuk <tar...@grandcentral.com>
Subject RE: High Volume
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 02:25:42 GMT
Also you can use chunking on HTTP without any problems, if client/server
transport layer is implemented properly.
There are some issues that come with large messages, such as connections
timing out if there is no data to send.
This can be addressed ether by increasing your default timeout(not a real
solution), sending dummy blocks (one char every second lets say) to keep
connection alive, or streaming the data as it becomes available.
All of these issues are transport level, and HTTP related. They will not go
away if you don't use SOAP.