axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gunderson, Jeff" <jgunder...@cincom.com>
Subject RE: web service returning XML Document
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:26:00 GMT
Steve,

Sorry, I should have warned you.  I not know if the nightly builds are
generally stable.  I have been using them to develop a messaging service and
they have been stable for me.  The last build I got was 2/20.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Gollery [mailto:sgollery@cadrc.calpoly.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 12:06 PM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: web service returning XML Document

Jeff,

It looks like the message sample doesn't work with the December alpha
release:
when I deploy using the supplied wsdd file and then try to access the
service,
I get an exception that no "methodName" option was configured for the
service
'MessageService'. When I change the wsdd file to use "methodName" instead of
allowedMethods, I get

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: Tried
class:samples.message.MessageService , Methodname:echoElements

which is what I've been getting in my own attempts.

I would like to continue to use the Dec. alpha 3 release, but if I can't get
it to work with MSG-style services, that's a problem for me.

Is the curent nightly build stable enough that it would be reasonable for me
to switch from alpha 3? Or is there something I can do to get alpha3 to work
with MSG services?

Thanks for the help,

Steve Gollery
sgollery@cadrc.calpoly.edu