axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Steven Gollery <sgoll...@cadrc.calpoly.edu>
Subject web service returning XML Document
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 01:32:43 GMT
I understand in principle the concepts of document-centric (as distinct
from RPC-oriented) SOAP services, but I'm having trouble getting them to
work in practice. The only sample code I've been able to find is in
"Building Web Services with Java", pp 219-223. The only unfortunate
aspect of this generally very useful book is that the sample code is
based on a previous release of Axis, and in this case, the code relies
on several now-deprecated classes.

Can anyone point me to some sample code that passes XML Document objects
instead of using RPC-style parameters and return values, and doesn't use
any deprecated classes?

I could also use some code that demonstrates invoking a service that has
no parameters.

Thanks in advance,

Steven Gollery
sgollery@cadrc.calpoly.edu