axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Adam.Leggett" <Adam.Legg...@upco.co.uk>
Subject RE: Axis over https/SSL?
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:18:37 GMT
Check this guide to SSL with Apache SOAP 2.2, not Axis but should cover
most/all u need to know about SOAP with SSL:

http://xml.apache.org/soap/docs/install/FAQ_Tomcat_SOAP_SSL.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Ruegger [mailto:cruegger@speakeasy.net]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 10:15 PM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Axis over https/SSL?

It is a simple matter of adding these lines?:

import jsse classes....

     // Set up Security
     System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs",
                      "com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");

     //Register JSSE
     Security.addProvider(new com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());

    // Connect to Axis Servlet
   URL url = new URL("https://myserver/axis/servlet/AxisServlet");

   etc...

It looks like SOAP hiccups if I don't have a valid certificate installed,
which is
what I would expect. Any way to get around this or do I need a legit
certificate?
thanks