axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Adam.Leggett" <Adam.Legg...@upco.co.uk>
Subject RE: Complex type in SOAP header
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:43:39 GMT
Thanks Jeff. I actually worked this out late yesterday by taking a look at
the the source for SOAPHeader and MessageElement.

Im interested to know if you have any idea of how  this header message could
be captured in WSDL using a Java based tool.
I know .NET can do this,  but in my case a Handler processes the SOAP Header
so its not part of my service interface(s). I fixed my generated WSDL by
manually editing it.

Thanks Again

Adam

 -----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Talbot [mailto:talbotj@businesslogic.com]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 8:07 PM
To: 'axis-user@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Complex type in SOAP header

You shouldn't need to deal with Element's or DOM's. Axis includes support
for complexTypes passed as SOAP Header elements (you just need to make sure
you have serializers registered for your types). On the client side you can
create the header in the following manner:

        SOAPHeader header = new SOAPHeader(NAMESPACE, localName, object);

Then, in the service implementation (or in a handler), you can retrieve the
header in this way:

      SOAPHeader header = env.getHeaderByName(NAMESPACE, localName);

And the value:

        object = header.getValueAsType(new QName(NAMESPACE, localName));

Hope this helps!