axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Adam.Leggett" <Adam.Legg...@upco.co.uk>
Subject RE: Complex type in SOAP header
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 16:33:12 GMT
If anyone is interested I resolved this by simply building a
org.w3c.dom.Element in the client, using the  SOAPHeader(Element)
constructor. Then in my handler I retrieved the the SOAPHeader from the
MessageContext and used header.getAsDOM() in order to parse the contents.

In addition I had to manually edit the WSDL to include the <soap:header>
details. I needed it to interop with .NET using the SOAP header to carry
authentication credentials. .NET seems to require SOAP Header details to be
encapsulated as a complex type. That's why I needed to build the client DOM
and unmarshall it in the Handler. I could'nt find  a way to
serialize/deserialize a JavaBean in the SOAP Header that encapsulated my
authentication details. I would prefer not to have to do it in such a low
level way if I can. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam.Leggett [mailto:Adam.Leggett@upco.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 12:00 PM
To: Axis User (axis-user@xml.apache.org)
Subject: Complex type in SOAP header

I need to serialize a JavaBean to send in the SOAP header, and to retrieve
it from the MessageContext in a handler.

I have no problem when the header element is a xsd dataype.

Has anyone tried this yet?

Adam Leggett
UPCO
Direct Line: 0113 20 10 631
Fax: 0113 20 10 666
<http://www.upco.co.uk>
The contents of this email are intended for the named addressees and may
contain confidential and / or privileged material. If received in error,
please contact UPCO on +44 (0)113 20 10 600 and then delete the entire email
from your system. Unauthorised review, distribution, disclosure or other use
of this information could constitute a breach of confidence. Your
co-operation in this matter is greatly appreciated.