axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Ruegger" <crueg...@speakeasy.net>
Subject using Axis over SSL with Apache (not Tomcat)
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:43:03 GMT
I'm using Apache/SSL as a front-end toTomcat running Axis. I read the following:
http://xml.apache.org/soap/docs/install/FAQ_Tomcat_SOAP_SSL.html

which describes how to get a Java SOAP client to communicate with Tomcat. Has anyone
gotten a Java SOAP client to work with the Apache Web Server itself running SSL?
I know it will involve installing certificates on each side but I just don't know the exact
details
to make it work.  When we get a "real" certificate for Apache, will we still need to manually
exchange certificates with clients if we want to run SOAP over SSL?
Thanks ahead of time!