axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Explanation of how to use in/out parameters
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:53:30 GMT
The holders are documented in the JAX-RPC spec
(http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxrpc/index.html).

The users's guide is out of date.  Thanks for bringing this up!  I'll have
to fix it when I get the chance.  WSDL2Java ONLY generates holders if
they're needed.  What you want to do is to change your signature to read:

Widget readWidget(ReadContextHolder rc, WidgetQualifier wq);

Java2WSDL recognizes any parameter ending in "Holder" and having a public
value field as a JAX-RPC holder.  Here's what your holder class should look
like:

public final class ReadContextHolder implements java.io.Serializable {
    public ReadContext value;

    public ReadContextHolder() {
    }

    public ReadContextHolder(ReadContext value) {
        this.value = value;
    }
}

Russell Butek