axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Adam Freeman" <afree...@lightsurf.com>
Subject RE: ClassCastException in wsdl
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 17:54:49 GMT
Hi Rick,
it looks like the problem has already been solved in the alpha 3 release of
axis.  It looks like the axis code is now marshalling the returned long[] as
an Object[] which seems to make more sense anyways.  By the way, this stuff
rocks!!
Thank you,
Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: R J Scheuerle Jr [mailto:scheu@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 6:43 AM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: ClassCastException in wsdl

Adam,

Thanks for using Axis.  Could you please send me the java Stub and your
wsdl so that I can debug this situation.    And also indicate
which line causes the exception

Seems like it will be a simple fix.

Thanks,

Rich Scheuerle
XML & Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

                      "Adam Freeman"
                      <afreeman@lightsu        To:
<axis-user@xml.apache.org>
                      rf.com>                  cc:
                                               Subject:  ClassCastException
in wsdl
                      01/04/2002 07:08
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      axis-user

Hi,
I am a new user of axis and I have a service that has a method that returns
an array of longs.  I used the java2wsdl on the service to generate a
client proxy.  The problem is, a ClassCastException is thrown because the
stub class is trying to cast an ArrayList to an Array.  (It looks like the
axis code marshalls the returned long[] as an ArrayList type).  Does
anybody know about this problem?
Thanks you,
- @m