axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Beagle Boy" <beagle4e...@hotmail.com>
Subject Serializer / Deserializer and Handlers
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 16:00:59 GMT
Hello,
   Working on a new SOAP Header to be used in a research project I'm working
on but a bit unsure on my next step without consulting someone that
hopefully has done this before.  I have developed my own custom xml schema
for which I need to add into a SOAP request.  It consists of an array and a
string.  But I don't believe I can serialize these in the normal way as I
need it to match my XML Schema which talks all in terms of custom types.
Reading through the user guide I think I need to develop a custom Serializer
and Deserializer.  Will these allow me to match them to an exact XML Schema
I have developed and what other objects may I need to accomplish this?  Do I
need to develop objects that extend QName or anything else?

Additionally I want to make use of the handler architecture to add and
process these handlers.  I'm assuming I need two handlers one on the client
and one on the server.  I have them stubbed out but in reading the user
guide and api's I got lost.  To me it seems that in Axis I can ask a handler
if it is before or past its pivot to tell if the message is coming or going.
  That sounded great as that is what I needed, but I also need this to be a
global handler that all Web Service calls are forced to use and I saw the
term Pivot Handler mentioned which didn't appear to be global.  So my
question is can I have a global handler and have it make use of the pivot
mechinism and if so is there any example wsdd files that show how to deploy
this?

Thanks in advance,
Beagle