axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Darin McBeath" <mcbeat...@hotmail.com>
Subject Literal encoding and Axis
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2002 22:10:47 GMT
I have been able to use Apache Soap 2.2 (rpc) on the client and server and
everything works fine.  I am passing a single parameter to a method (a DOM
Element) and returning a DOM Element as well.  I have been using literal
encoding.

My SOAP request (body portion) looks as follows for this configuration.

<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:reverse xmlns:ns1="urn:myservice"
SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding">
<parm0 SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/literalxml">
<myString>asdf</myString>
</parm0>
</ns1:reverse>
</SOAP-ENV:BODY>

However, when I switch over to use Axis on the Client side (and still
continue to use Apache Soap 2.2 on the server side) I get the following
error.

No Deserializer for "http://xml.apache.org/sml-soap:Element".

I do not see how to specify the literal encoding in Axis (the static
constant value no longer exists in the Constants.java file).  Has this
functionality been removed?  If so, how would I accomplish what I'm trying
to do?

Below is the SOAP request (body portion) which is sent using Axis.

<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:reverse xmlns:ns1="urn:myservice">
<arg0 xsi:type="ns2:Element" xmlns:ns2="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap">
<myString>asdf</myString>