axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Peake, Chris" <CHRIS.PE...@ca.com>
Subject determine deployed service origination
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 21:34:51 GMT
I am still very new to using Axis so my question may be fundamentally unsound.

If you construct a WSDDService with a setProviderQName(WSDDConstants.JAVARPC_PROVIDER), when
you re-evalaluate the 'deployed' service, it is 'very generic'.  This meaning, you cannot
determine if this is a service you deployed, or if in a shared environment, any number of
other sources could have deployed.
If you develop your list of deployed services as the following:
DeploymentRegistry dr = axis.getDeploymentRegistry();
Enumeration services = dr.getServices();

if you'd like to iterate through this list, and retrieve 'only' the services you deployed,
how would you do that since the provider in this case is quite generic.
If you had your 'own' provider, you can do a 'setName' which would identify your handler as
yours, but with a generic handler, I'm not sure what the 'proper' thing is to do.

server-config.wsdd

 <service name="peakesomeservice" provider="java:RPC">
  <parameter name="methodName" value="sayHello"/>
  <parameter name="className" value="com.peake.HelloPeake"/>
  <parameter name="scope" value="request"/>
 </service>

Chris Peake
Computer Associates
Software Engineer