axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Börkel ...@ap-ag.com>
Subject RE: Using Axis without deployment (totally dynamic)
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 09:09:34 GMT
HI!

Can anyone please help me with my question below?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Börkel
Sent: Freitag, 28. Dezember 2001 16:29
To: Axis Mailinglist
Subject: Using Axis without deployment (totally dynamic)

HI!

I'd like to use Axis in the following way:

- no deployment files (.wsdd) AT ALL
- my own transport
- my own dispatcher (with my own security)
- dynamic WSDL generation

What I already know:
- how to generate WSDL dynamically as file
- how to DEPLOY my own dispatcher
- how to implement my own transport (nice file transport example in
alpha3!)

Now, the question is:
Can Axis work without ANY deployment files in my case?

To test my own dispatcher, I already created some "dummy" deployment
with a dummy class and dummy method because my dispatcher should work
totally dynamic, without having to deploy each and every class and
method first. But that seems to me like a hack. Is there another way to
create a dispatcher that does not need each and every class and method
to be deployed?

If working without deployment of my dispatcher is not possible, at least
how can I tell Axis from where to load the .wsdd files?

Thanks!

Regards and happy new year,
Thomas