axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Williams,Ed" <EWILLI...@cerner.com>
Subject RE: WSDL2Java changes?!?
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 18:52:36 GMT
My 01/17/02 samples for addr do not use stub or service classes, but it
seems pretty straightforward for using these classes.  Let me list what I
have done just so you can confirm this is correct and then answer a couple
of other more complex questions on session sharing.

What seems to work (leaving out the try/catch'es):
        SecurityDirectory securityDirectory = new
SecurityDirectoryService().getSecurityDirectory();
        securityDirectory.login("userID", "userPassword", "userDomain");

This code seemed to work and was even easier to use than before (good job!).

I have one issue I'm not sure how to resolve - Session retention/sharing

I make a second call (after the user is logged in), and I need to share
session context like I did before.  Before, there was a Call member variable
in the stub that I grabbed from my main client and set into my second stub.
This gave me session sharing.  How should I do this now?

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Butek [mailto:butek@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 9:56 AM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: WSDL2Java changes?!?

Ed Williams wrote:
> Sorry, I misled you Russell.  I upgraded the code on 01/17/02 from a
> previous version 12/06/01.
> It looks like xxxService replaced xxxPortType.  (I probably should have
> listed the xxxDirectory class as xxx class since Directory was part of
the
> name of the original class being made a web service).
>
> I understand the wild guess naming convention.  I wanted to make sure
> something wasn't going horribly wrong and reversing things.  Along these
> lines, does reversing the package naming on the client-side affect my
> ability to correctly make calls to the web service?

Nope.  The package names of the generated code are only needed by the code
that calls it.  The original QNames are what goes across the wire.

> I'll include my .WSDL generated below, but at this point I think it would
be
> a more effective use of your time if you could point me to an example (or
> doc) of how the new classes should be used.  I believe I can figure it
there
> like I did the last time.

The address book sample should help you - samples/addr/Main.java.  If it
doesn't, just ping me again and I'll see what I can do.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only
for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute
inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized
forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and
notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices
in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.