axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Walter <robertwal...@eunite.co.uk>
Subject no SOAPAction header!
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 16:41:47 GMT
I'm getting a "no SOAPAction header!" exception when I try and run the
sample displayed at
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/xml-axis/java/docs/user-guide.h
tml#ConsumingServices.

I have changed the default URL to point to my local PC instead of the remote
one due to my work having a really slow internet connection.

http://localhost:8080/axis/servlet/AxisServlet

Anyway if I attatch ?wsdl which is supposed to return the WSDL for the
service I get this error...

Fault - AxisFault
  faultCode: http://xml.apache.org/axis/:Server.NoService
  faultString: The Axis engine couldn't find a target service to generate
WSDL for! targetService is null
  faultActor: null
  faultDetails: null

And the URL, http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/servlet/AxisServlet?wsdl
returns the following.

AXIS error
Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:

Fault - This Axis server is not currently accepting requests.

So not sure what is going on or what I'm doing wrong as I would have thought
the sample code should work without modification if setup correctly.

What I'm trying to do overall is get a java client talking to a Microsoft
webservice and vice-versa as it is functionality we are looking to implement
in some of our products. If anyone has an example that works like this using
the WSDL files I would be very greatful if you could point me in the right
direction to go in. My Java isn't very strong and the documentation I've
found for the Apache AXIS stuff doesn't seem to explain it that well, I
managed to write my own ASP webservice and having it called by VB in a
matter of hours but this AXIS stuff has been doing my head in for a week.
:-( I understand the SOAP stuff going on, well the basics anyway.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Robert Walter.