axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Doug Davis" <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Simple example...
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2001 12:36:51 GMT
Look at the Axis stock quote sample - there's a
GetQuote1.java in there that uses WSDL.  Look at
the method called "GetQuote1".
-Dug

Robert Walter <robertwalter@eunite.co.uk> on 12/17/2001 07:30:17 AM

To:   "'axis-user@xml.apache.org'" <axis-user@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:  Simple example...

I've done a bit of SOAP stuff using WSDL and the Microsoft SOAP toolkit, so
that I've got a website which I can make requests to using SOAP from other
websites/VB applications but I would like to call this from a very simple
Java application.  My Java skills however leave a lot to be desired and
having trawled through the Apache SOAP and Apache Axis documentation and
samples none of them appear to use WSDL.  I know the Apache SOAP doesn't
support it but none of the Axis samples appear to use WSDL to call other
SOAP enabled services.  So does anyone have some very simple code that I
can
use to call my Microsoft service?

Thanks for your help,

Robert Walter
Developer

eunite ltd.
"the Convergence Company"

Bridgewater House
58-60 Whitworth Street
Manchester
M1 6LT

m: 07968 432 647
t: 0161 237 4900
f: 0161 237 4909
w: http://www.eunite.co.uk

Privileged/Confidential Information and/or Copyright Material may
be contained in this e-mail. The information and Material is
intended for the use of the intended addressee. If you are not the
intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to
the intended addressee, you may not copy or deliver it to anyone
else or use it in any unauthorised manner. To do so is prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you receive this e-mail by mistake, advise
the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail
software. Thank you.