axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Doug Davis" <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Authentication in Axis
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 15:17:21 GMT
We have the same hack.  :-)
Instead of SOAPContext its MessageContext.
You could of course write an auth. handler that
sits in the transport chain.
-Dug

"Mark A. Richman" <mark@markrichman.com> on 12/04/2001 10:11:43 AM

To:   <axis-user@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:  HTTP Authentication in Axis

Greetings all...

I plan to update the chapter samples from my book  Professional XML Web
Services with Axis-based code rather than the SOAP  2.x code. Much of my
code handles authentication & authorization via HTTP  header info (see Chap
14 on my website). What is the best way to get the  authenticated user's
username (or any other header info) from within the service  implementation
using Axis? With SOAP 2.x I had to prepend a SOAPContext variable  to the
parameter list, so the service would gain access to the headers. How has
this changed in Axis? I always saw the SOAPContext parameter as a more of a
hack  than a usable mechanism.

Regards,
Mark A. Richman
http://www.markrichman.com