axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "R J Scheuerle Jr" <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: out and in/out parameters
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 22:15:43 GMT
The latest ?WSDL generation code should understand Holder classes.

Holder parameters are always converted into inout parts (not out only).

Rich Scheuerle
XML & Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

Russell Butek/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
12/10/2001 07:48 AM
Please respond to axis-user

        To:     axis-user@xml.apache.org
        cc:     R J Scheuerle Jr/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
        Subject:        Re: out and in/out parameters

Rich, correct me if I'm wrong, but handling holders is on your todo list
for Java2WSDL, right?

Cedric, you're right, when we see a holder there is no way to distinguish
between out and inout.  Our bindings will probably treat it as inout.  If
it's really an out parameter, then it should still work because whatever
the client puts into the holder (or null) will be ignored and the server
will fill it in.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

Cédric Chabanois <CChabanois@cognicase.fr> on 12/10/2001 02:17:10 AM