axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: talking to soap::lite server....
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2001 16:52:12 GMT
Bob Flagg wrote:

> I need to write an axis web service client and
> soap::lite server that can talk to each other.
> This is no problem when arguments and return values
> are basic types but I can't seem to find documentation
> explaining how to get complex objects from the server
> to the client.  Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Would an example help?

In the SOAP::Lite distribution, there is a file named 22-interop_apache.t.
The corresponding Apache code can be found at
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/xml-axis/java/samples/echo/TestClient.java

.

A live web server running the SOAP::Lite code can be found at
http://services.soaplite.com/interop.cgi.  Interop results, including
wiredumps of the data each way, can be found at
http://www.apache.org/~rubys/ApacheClientInterop.html .

Hint: look for "echoStruct".

- Sam Ruby