axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gerrit van Brakel" <G.vanBra...@infound.nl>
Subject Naming paramters, was: RE: out and in/out parameters
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:14:38 GMT
Concerning the question:
  Why parameters in wsdl file are named in0,in1 ?
  Why don't you use function parameters names ?

  and the answer:

  <RJS> The parameters in the wsdl file are generated from the class
files...which only advertise parameter types not names.  Therefore Java2WSDL
needs to manufacture parameter names.  </RJS>

  This isn't completely true in my opinion. Tools like VisualAge for Java
manage to decode paramter names from class-files when they are imported.
Also java-decompilation tools like  jad manage to do so. I am not familiar
about how they do, but it is possible.

  I would also apreciate to be able to use the original parameter names in
wsdl, as it will make them much more readable/understandable.

  regards,

  Gerrit van Brakel
  --
  Gerrit van Brakel   G.vanBrakel@infound.nl   M:06 55804644