axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mark A. Richman" <m...@markrichman.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Authentication in Axis
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 19:23:18 GMT
Another good reason for getting away from the MessageContext method
mangling:

Implementing an interface seems impossible. Consider this:

public interface IFoo {
    public int bar(Object baz) throws Exception;
}

implementing IFoo as a webservice becomes impossible:

public class Foo implements IFoo {
    public int bar(Object baz) throws Exception { // No MessageContext param
   }
}

Is there some way to for Foo.bar() to delegate to a protected method that
knows about MessageContext??? I don't think anyone wants to see an IFoo like
this:

public interface IFoo {
    public int bar(MessageContext mc, Object baz) throws Exception;
}

This becomes increasingly important if you convert your interface IFoo to
WSDL.

Thanks,
Mark A. Richman
http://www.markrichman.com