axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mark A. Richman" <m...@markrichman.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Authentication in Axis
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 15:36:26 GMT
Thanks Dug. Perhaps there is a way to handle this without mangling the
method signatures? For example, create a utility class with static methods
that return the authentication info, but invoke it from the body of the web
service method:

public Object myServiceMethod(int foo) throws Exception {
    AuthInfo auth = AuthInfoFactory.getAuthInfo(); // get from HTTP header
for this invokation
    String username = auth.getUsername();
    String password = auth.getPassword();
}

where AuthInfo looks something like this:

public interface AuthInfo {
  public String getUsername();
  public void setUsername(String username);
  public String getPassword();
  public void setPassword(String password);
  public String getRealm();
  public void setRealm(String realm);
  public boolean isValid() throws UnauthorizedException;
}

Any thoughts? This thread may be more appropriate for axis-dev...I'll
subscribe if you like.

- Mark