axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Williams,Ed" <EWILLI...@cerner.com>
Subject Help using a .wsdd instead of .xml for deployment - Confusion rei gning
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:26:20 GMT
Can someone explain is wsdd is supported or do you still use the old way
with "<admin:deploy xmlns:admin="AdminService">"?
My goal is to do custom serialization using the typeMapping element.
(I downloaded new code on 11/26.)
The user guide for publishing services talks about wsdd files in
userguide\example3, however I only see deploy.xml.
I tried simply converting my working deploy.xml to deploy.wsdd (and adding
typeMapping).

Now when I try to deploy, I receive this fault: "The AXIS engine could not
find a target service to invoke!"

Should I go back to deploy.xml and use typeMapping there?  I'm confused at
this point.

Thanks for any responses,
Ed

Here is my .wsdd
<deployment name="test" xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance">
	<handler name="SecurityHandler"
class="com.cerner.foundation.security.SecurityRequestHandler"/>
	<service name="StickyNoteDirectory" provider="java:RPC">
		<requestFlow>
			<handler type="SecurityHandler"/>
		</requestFlow>
		<parameter name="className"
value="com.cerner.stickynote.StickyNoteDirectory"/>
		<parameter name="methodName" value="*"/>
	</service>
	<typeMapping qname="ns:PersonStickyNote"
xmlns:stickynote="http://com.cerner.stickynote"
languageSpecificType="java:com.cerner.stickynote.PersonStickyNote"
serializer="com.cerner.stickynote.PersonStickyNoteSerializer"/>
</deployment>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only
for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute
inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized
forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and
notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices
in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.