axis-java-user mailing list archives

From José Miguel Vieira <mig...@bookmarc.pt>
Subject wsdl
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:12:45 GMT
Hello,

I created a web service and I'm trying to execute it in Internet Explorer
like this:
  http://myserver/sib/EmployeeService.jws?method=getEmployeeByLogin&arg0=james

IE replies:
   "Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document. Line 3,
Position 2 "

The source of the message was:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
  <SOAP-ENV:Body>
   <getEmployeeByLoginResponse>
    <getEmployeeByLoginResult xsi:type="xsd:string">ID: 3 NAME: James
Globus EMAIL: james@nowhere.com LOGIN: james
PASSWORD: * SECURITY LEVEL: 1 BUGS: PROJECTS:
</getEmployeeByLoginResult>
   </getEmployeeByLoginResponse>
  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

I think the problem is related with the "<p>Got response message:</p>",
because the first instruction in a xml message should be
"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>".

My question is if this interferes with client access to the services, when
the clients are not java based and how can I avoid this?

José Miguel Vieira