axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <ajuf...@sun3.oulu.fi>
Subject WSDL
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2001 21:00:32 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to get one of the the WSDL examples going, but I experience
some problems. The userguide explains how to generate a stub with
Wsdl2java. The idea is to use the following (with the appropriate
classpath of course)

java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Wsdl2java
http://localhost:8080/axis/services/MyService?wsdl

after deploying a webservice MyService (which I did, tested, and worked ok).

The error I get is just "java: No match". It is not a classpath error, I
think. In fact, if I point my browser to
http://localhost:8080/axis/services/MyService?wsdl the results is
.

HTTP Status 404 - /services/MyService
The requested resource (/services/MyService) is not available.

This is a Tomcat (I am using Catalina) error. It simply means that
Tomcat has no idea what do with this type of requests. I think that this
make sense: the web.xml in WEB-INF does not really mention requests like
this one (tomcat knows what to do with
http://localhost:8080/axis/services, because it is included in web.xml).

So, my question is how to solve this? I remember that one of you had a
similar problem (at least, I think it was a similar problem), but there
is no archive available, so I cannot find out. Should there be another
entry in web.xml (in contrast to what the userguide states).

Thanks for your help,

The Biocenter and            | Fax: +358-8-553-1141
     the Dep. of Biochemistry | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi
University of Oulu, Finland  | WWW: http://www.biochem.oulu.fi/Biocomputing/