axis-java-user mailing list archives

From andrew.bu...@webgain.com
Subject accessing wsdl2java
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2001 22:51:29 GMT
(I previously posted this in the soap user group, since the Axis user group
was not listed on the Axis
web pages. This has since been corrected)

I am trying to test out the WSDL
processing ability of Axis. However, I am not trying to do it
with server running - I just want to see what code can be generated
from a WSDL file. However, I've not had any success, as I detail
below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Basically, my question is this: what other packages besides Axis do
I need to get the wsdl2Java code to work?

again, thanks in advance,
Andrew Burke

Webgain, Inc.
Portland, Oregon
503-276-6301

I have the following classpath defined: (win2k)
CLASSPATH=d:\axis1\crimson-1.1.2beta2\crimson.jar; \
  d:\javas\j2ee\lib\j2ee.jar; \
  d:\axis1\lib\axis.jar; \
  d:\axis1\lib\clutil.jar; \
  d:\axis1\lib\log4j-core.jar; \
  d:\axis1\lib\wsdl4j.jar

(ie, I've got Axis and Crimson installed)

My path includes the Java 1.3.1 bin directory and the J2EE bin directory.

I then attempt to run the wsdl2java processor:
D:\axis1\atest>java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Wsdl2java
d:\axis1\atest\glossary2.wsdl

With the following results:

WSDLException (at /definitions/binding/soap:binding):
faultCode=CONFIGURATION_ER
ROR: No ExtensionDeserializer found to deserialize a
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org
/wsdl/soap:binding' element in the context of a 'javax.wsdl.Binding'.:
        at javax.wsdl.extensions.ExtensionRegistry.queryDeserializer(Unknown
Sou
rce)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReader.parseExtensibilityElement(Unknown
Source)

        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReader.parseBinding(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReader.parseDefinitions(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReader.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:151)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:134)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.Wsdl2java.main(Wsdl2java.java:199)

My current suspicion is that I need to have Xalan, which I've downloaded and
am sorting through.