axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Schöning <tschoen...@am-soft.de>
Subject [AXIS2] Some project builds fail if goal "clean" is not used
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2017 09:12:49 GMT
Hi all,

I'm facing the problem that when I execute goals like "install" or
"test" without "clean" the build of some projects fail, the problem
seems to be with an existing or not "target" dir and it looks like
that because of that the build of some projects "thinks" it doesn't
need to compile classes etc. Which would be fine if it wouldn't delete
the formerly created classes itself without re-creating them! :-)

One example is with axis-metadata, were the following command fails
after a former successful build:

> mvn test --projects :axis2-metadata

While the following one succeeds:

> mvn clean test --projects :axis2-metadata

"clean" deletes the whole "target" dir, so a fresh new build is
executed. Without "clean", pre-compiled classes in
"target/test-classes" are deleted, but not re-created for some reason,
resulting in error messages like the following:

> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.5.1:testCompile
(default-testCompile) on project axis2-metadata: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
> [ERROR] /C:/Users/tschoening/Documents/Eclipse/Java Axis2/axis2/modules/metadata/test/org/apache/axis2/jaxws/description/DocLitWrappedImplWithSEI.java:[23,36]
package org.test.proxy.doclitwrapped does not exist

Classes of "org.test.proxy.doclitwrapped" were available in the last
successful build and have been deleted, but no re-created. the
interesting thing as well is that really only the Java classes
themselfs have been deleted, the corresponding parent dir already
exists:

> C:\Users\tschoening\Documents\Eclipse\Java Axis2\axis2\modules\metadata\target\test-classes\org\test\proxy\doclitwrapped

I have that problem with various projects and it was driving me crazy,
because things like "Debug as/Maven test" etc. per project directly
from Eclipse were not working and such. I really need to always
execute "clean" in addition to the other goals to be sure a build
works.

Is that intended or some kind of build issue? Shouldn't "mvn install"
not only delete pre-compiled test classes, but also be able to create
them again?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55