axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: axis2 1.8/rampart 1.8
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 20:54:02 GMT
I've been involved long enough in Open Source projects to know that
making promises about the ETA of a new major release is generally not
a good idea. If you need fixes for specific issues, it might actually
be better to merge them to the 1.7.x maintenance branch, because that
branch is kept in a state where a release can be done at any time. For
Rampart this would be especially easy because not much has happened on
the trunk since Rampart 1.7.0.

Andreas