axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Krauß <>
Subject [Axis2] Generated code for xsd:totalDigits cause errors
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2017 12:54:55 GMT
Dear Mr/Ms,

today I found a bug in the generated sources of an axis2 client. I use Axis2 version 1.7.4.
This code is always generated if “xsd:totalDigits” is used in the processed wsdl file.
After that I searched for an equal Issue and found that this problem occurred in version 1.6.3
as well (Issue AXIS2-5342<>).
I tested this Issue with the build in shell script “” and the maven plugin
Both methods generated the same source code which leads to a NumberFormatException:

* Auto generated setter method
* @param param ErrorCode_type0
public void setErrorCode_type0(java.math.BigInteger param) {
    java.lang.String totalDigitsDecimal =org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.ConverterUtil.convertToStandardDecimalNotation(

    if (
               param, totalDigitsDecimal) < 0) {
         this.localErrorCode_type0 = param;
    } else {
        throw new java.lang.RuntimeException(
            "Input values do not follow defined XSD restrictions");
Is this Issue known for version 1.7.4?
Is there a workaround?

Thank you in advance.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Tobias Krauß
Tobias Krauß
M +49 151 16369749<>

iC Consult Gesellschaft für Systemintegration und Kommunikation mbH
Standort: Zettachring 8a | 70567 Stuttgart | Germany
Verwaltung: Huyssenallee 99-103 | 45128 Essen | Germany
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Phys. Jürgen Biermann, Dr. Andreas Neumann
HRB 116170 Amtsgericht München

View raw message