axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From George Stanchev <Gstanc...@serena.com>
Subject RE: axis trunk
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2015 00:03:54 GMT
Hi,

I really would appreciate more info on this. I know there are people on this list who know
the answer and post and maintain the trunk regularly...

George

-----Original Message-----
From: George Stanchev [mailto:Gstanchev@serena.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 1:32 PM
To: java-dev@axis.apache.org
Subject: axis trunk

What is the difference b/w “old-trunk” and the current trunk? The “old-trunk” supersedes
the 1.4 tag as it has number of fixes and enhancements. Then at one point the current trunk
was created and converted from ant to maven. Was the  current trunk branched off “old-trunk”
(most likely not) or off 1.4 branch? Why was not the old-trunk never fully merged into the
current trunk?

Any insight is greatly appreciated! I am supporting a legacy app that is stuck with a copy
of axis jar that has been built with some snapshot of an axis trunk post 1.4's tag but before
old-trunk was frozen...

Regards,
George